Monday 13 February 2012

Day 27 - Monday 13th February

I hope I didn't confuse you yesterday as I put day 25 instead of 26. I was having trouble with the Internet and couldn't remember what day it was.

This morning we went to the Barossa Valley. I thought it would be a lovely way to spend my birthday. Barossa Valley is Australia's most famous wine region, and the rolling hills are very picturesque with harvesting only weeks away.



The Barossa has many famous wineries including Yalumba, Wolf Blass, Chateau Tanunda and Jacob Creek.
This is the Chateau Tanunda winery.








And the entrance to the town of Tanundra.



This is one of many old stone buildings in the Barossa - a Lutheran Church.



After a visit to the Woodcarvers Haven at Tanunda, a place that specializes in teaching fine woodwork, we went to Maggie Beers Farmshop for lunch.



Overlooking the lake during lunch, we watched ducks and turtles swimming, while the peacocks paraded around the garden.






These are views of the restaurant across the lake.










After lunch we went to some of the smaller wineries for some tastings.








During our travels we have come across some funny signs. I quite liked this one.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Adelaide

1 comment: